Volunteer & Interns
How can you help?
The volunteers at the Rock County Historical Society give their time and talents to support the following activites.
- Lincoln-Tallman House Tours
- Frances Willard School Instructor
- Tallman Arts Festival Planner
- Historic House Tour Guide
- Exhibit Designer and Fabricator
Become a Volunteer Today!
For more information about volunteering with the Rock County Historical Society, please contact Carol Herzig, Volunteer Coordinator at 608-756-4509 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock County Historical Society
426 N. Jackson Street
Janesville, WI 53547
Benefits of Volunteering at the RCHS
As a regular volunteer, you will enjoy:
- 10% discount in the museum store.
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to the one RCHS event or exhibit during the year.
- 20% discount on RCHS membership.
- Invitiation and recognition at our annual Volunteer Potluck.
Become a RCHS intern today!
There are a variety of opportunities at the RCHS for students looking to get work experience in the nonprofit or museum field. All of our internships are unpaid but offer college credit in coordination with your university program. While on campus, interns are afforded the samebenefits (link to volunteer benfits) as RCHS volunteers. Among the opportunities available to students are:
- Exhibit research and design.
- Exhibit interactive research, design, and testing.
- Historic House Docents
- Archives researcher and collections processing.
- Artifact cataloging and processing.
- RCHS Social Media Coordinator.
- RCHS Marketing & Communications Assistant.
The RCHS offers internships during the following times during the year:
- Spring Semester
- Fall Semester
- Holiday or Winter Interim
For information on internships opportunities, contact Carol Herzig, Volunteer Coordinator at 608-756-4509 or via email at email@example.com.