Wednesday, June 21, 2017
View, Bid, Celebrate …
Spend the first evening of summer at the fashionable Summer Solstice Showcase! You’ll see one-of-a-kind clothing created by local designers and inspired by historic garments. Newly created fashions will be modeled live and showcased next to each historic piece that inspired it. Bid on the new garments or simply enjoy the fashions! Cocktails and food stations featuring dishes prepared by five local chefs round out the fun at this first-of-its-kind event.
It’s a White Party!
What better way to mark the start of summer than a white party? Casual cocktail attire, with a white flair, is encouraged!
Date & Time
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Models & Designers
Designers and the women who will be modeling their new fashions include:
- Britten Langfoss modeling for designer Amber Moore of Moore Couture Bridal.
- Kelli Cameron modeling for designer Denise Severson of Severson Sewing.
- Crystal Phillips modeling for designer Joyce Dodge.
- JoLynn Burden modeling for designer Jacqueline King of Jacqueline King Designs.
- Ginny Mills modeling for designer Cynthia Walker of Cy-Va.
- Kari Drascic modeling for designer Emma Kravig, studio art student at Beloit College.
- Bekki Kennedy modeling for designer Lauren Taylor Roark, Costume Shop Manager for the Department of Theatre, Dance, and Media Studies at Beloit College.
- Mary Hamlin modeling for designer Ann Johnson of APJ Designs.
Your Evening At a Glance:
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Cocktails and mingling
- 6:30 – 7:30 View historic garments on mannequins and the new fashions they inspired on live models. Designers will answer questions in the Lincoln-Tallman House.
- 7:00 – 8:30 Dinner
- 7:00 – 8:30 Silent Auction for modernized fashions. Clothing will be altered by request at no extra charge.
- 9:00 Event ends
Special “Sneak Peek” Happy Hour
RCHS Members Only!
Get a first look at both the historic garments and the new fashions that they inspired at a happy hour exclusively for RCHS members. Join us from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, June 16 at the Lincoln-Tallman House. Complimentary beverages provided!
Interested in becoming a RCHS member? View our annual membership options.
Share Your Story
At this event, as we focus on fashions both new and old, we ask you to share: What is your favorite fashion era and why?
By attending the Summer Solstice Showcase, you’ll help provide clean clothes for children. A portion of the proceeds supports Merrill Elementary School, whose students overcome daily struggles such as self-esteem and bullying, through the purchase of a washer and dryer. This event also supports the Society’s collections program.
Thank You To Our Generous Event Sponsors
Rowland & Audrey McClellan