The Janesville Products Company began as the Lawrence Carriage Top Company in 1885. Its name was eventually changed to the Wisconsin Carriage Company.
After a fire in 1900, a new plant was built at 600 West Milwaukee Street, and in 1908, an additional factory was built across the street with an overhead walkway connecting the two buildings. In addition to carriages, the company also manufactured spark plugs under the brand name, “Janesville.”
As the Janesville Products Company, the firm then made coaster wagons for children. The company struggled during the Great Depression, and by 1940, the equipment had been sold and the buildings razed.
4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36