The Grand Hotel was built at 325 W Milwaukee in 1879 by Mr. David Jeffris to replace the old Williams House (previously known as the Borden House). The Williams House burned in 1877.
The Grand opened to the public January 1, 1880 with 75 rooms were available for the traveling public. At this location the hotel was easily accessible from the nearby train stations. Hugh McCleran’s Dry Goods store is visible just east of the hotel.
4×6, 5×7, 8×10, 11×14, 16×20, 24×36