Spirits in the Night: A Tallman Thriller
Experience a new Rock County Historical Society specialty tour in which history, haunting and horror converge in the dark shadows of the majestic Lincoln Tallman House. Discover the mysterious fates of an innocent — but cursed — family in an epic, three-act Victorian-style tragedy.
Note: This is a tour recommended for ages 13 and older. Younger guests allowed ONLY if they are WILLING participants. Enter at your own risk. There are NO REFUNDS. You must read the full list of warnings and disclaimers before entering.
Spirits in the Night starts in the Wilson King Stone House where attendees will check-in and wait before being greeted and the tragic narrative of the unfortunate family will begin to unfold.
Led across the family cemetery through the front door of the Lincoln-Tallman House, they will be guided through three floors of mystery, uncertainty and surprise that awaits around every corner.
The Spirits experience ends inside the “Spookeasy” located inside the Frances Willard Schoolhouse, where you and your fellow tour goers relive the tour and relax with friends, food and drink. Come visit before or after your scheduled tour to keep the haunts going throughout the night!
The Rock County Historical Society is proud to partner with JP Cullen & Sons as our lead sponsor for the Spirits in the Night tour.
Tour & Ticketing Information
- Fourteen (14) tour dates are available during the month of October (6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31).
- Tours are scheduled in 15-minute time slots per hour, from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Six people per tour is the maximum capacity for each time slot.
- Note: The 9 p.m. & 10:15 p.m. tour slots are removed to allow breaks for our tour personalities.
- Tour tickets are $20/person.
- Advance sales are conducted online only.
- Use the right-hand column to view available tour dates, times and ticket quantities.
- Select your desired tour(s) and ticket quantity.
- Scroll to the bottom of the column and click ‘Add to cart.’
- Complete your purchase using your credit card or PayPal account.
- Walk-in ticketing is subject to availability from 7:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. each day at the Wilson King Stone House (450 Mineral Point Avenue).
- PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY, prior to your scheduled tour to check-in. The Wilson King Stone House opens at 7 p.m. for check-in.
- TOURS LEAVE PROMPTLY at the assigned time. Please be punctual as tours will leave without you. No refunds provided.
- PARKING is available in the lower level of the Mercy Hospital Campus Garage on Mineral Point Road. (Across from the Stone House)
- Please READ BELOW for all tour disclaimers and warnings.
Corporate Tour Packages Available – ($125/each)
Imagine taking members of your business team, valued clients or simply a group of friends on an excited new tour based on the mysterious, imaginary fates of an innocent-but cursed-family in an epic Victorian-style tragedy. A unique experience where you will discover the tangled web surrounding an unfortunate family’s ultimate demise through a truly thrilling experience.
Imagine no more. Now you and your select group can experience the exhilaration of the Rock County Historical Society’s Spirits in the Night on your own private tour!
The Society is now offering you the opportunity to purchase a tour package of six (6) that is guaranteed to be a thrill-a-minute. And at the end of the tour you can relax, bond and have a drink with your party in the adjacent Spookeasy.
Each corporate packages includes:
- 6 Spirits tour tickets
- 6 complimentary drink tickets in the Spookeasy
- 6 Commemorative Spirits posters
- Private Tour (guaranteed with your guests and a personal tour guide)
Book your tour today. But you must hurry — tours are limited!
Please contact Michael Reuter, Executive Director, for info and scheduling.
Spirits in the Night Tour Merchandise
ADA Compliant Tours
ENJOY THE TOUR & THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!