Employment OpportunitiesAvailable seasonal and permanent positions
Rock County Historical Society is seeking a dynamic and creative leader who will ensure excellence in museum curatorial, educational, marketing and operational endeavors and lead the alignment of financial resources and operational priorities near and long term.
In partnership with its Leadership Team, the ED will continue to enhance the Society’s relevance and, through dynamic programming both on campus and in the community, position it as a vibrant institution of regional and national distinction.
Reporting to a Board of Trustees and leading a staff of three, the ED will capitalize on the Museum’s growth and success and leverage its exciting and forward thinking vision.
Other primary duties:
- Serve as the Society’s primary fundraiser, coordinate and execute development strategy which includes sponsorships, memberships, campus projects, annual appeal, planned giving/bequests, events, rentals, merchandising, tours, etc
- Facilitate ongoing relationships and communications with donors
- Serve as the primary liaison with community leaders and organizations, represent the Society at key community events and celebrations and convey the exciting vision and future of RCHS via multiple mediums to diverse audiences
- Lead and develop staff to encourage innovative thinking, staff growth and progressive opportunities while evolving campus development and day-to-day operations
- Prepare and provide agendas and reports for Board Meetings and foster synergistic relationship with Board that creates alignment on annual goals, both strategic and operational
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Deep interest and passion for the current and future role of RCHS
- Innovative and inspirational leadership style, team building skills and strong business and management skills
- Willingness to actively participate in cultural and civic life of Janesville and Rock County, Wisconsin and integrate activities and programming with other area historical sites, museums and programs
- Proven track record as dynamic and accomplished fundraiser demonstrating successful results in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors, foundation grants, government support, corporate sponsorships and other sources of revenue
- Superior communication and presentation skills, and strong technology and digital media skills for promotion/marketing and creation of innovative and engaging programming
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Send cover letter, resume, references and desired compensation/benefits to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rock County Historical Society
Attention: Search Committee
426 N. Jackson Street
Janesville, WI 53548
How To Apply
Before applying for any open position, first be sure to completely read the position description and requirements.
If you cannot find an answer to your question within the posted job description, please contact RCHS via email. No phone calls regarding your application status, please.
To apply, send your application materials to the contact person listed within the job description.